Friday, November 16, 2012

Tie Wreath



It's the home stretch of the tie marathon!  This one might be my favorite!  I am planning on hanging it on my door when we are done with it at the shower!  Generally I rarely keep anything I make for myself.  Most of my jewelry, hats and scarves go to the shop and I love to give things to people as gifts.  But, I love this tie wreath, I really do!  Also, our front door is red so I think it will look super cute!

Supplies:
Wreath - the one I used was straw, I think you could use a Styrofoam one but I am not sure how it would handle the hot glue gun
Ties
Hot Glue Gun
Flower (optional)
Sewing Machine or needle and thread


I used the parts of ties that I had left over.  But, if you are starting from scratch with new ties I used approximately 195 inches of ties. First, I sewed the ends of the ties together, small ends to small ends and larger ends to larger ends.

Then, I broke out the glue gun!  I started by gluing a small end of the tie chain to the back of the wreath.


Then, I wrapped the tie around the wreath and glued the front.


I was pretty liberal with my application of the glue as I wanted to be super sure that it stuck.  I just kept wrapping and gluing.  I overlapped the ties a bit so that none of the wreath would show through.  I this got a little trickier as I came to the wider parts of the ties but in the end you can't even tell that was an issue.
 
Wrap and glue, wrap and glue until the whole wreath is covered. Then, if you want, add an adorable flower to give it a bit of a feminine touch.



I just love, love, love this one!





No comments:

Post a Comment